Once you have got a boiler installation in your London home then you will want to ensure it gets serviced so that you can keep your warranty.
Getting your boiler serviced is something that should ideally take place annually. And it is best to get it done in the summer, before the likelihood of boiler breakdown increases in the autumn.
Here is what your boiler service should include:
- It should be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- It should last about 30 minutes
- You should receive a report with an outline of the findings
- Older systems may need to be taken apart to be checked.
Moreover it is important to make sure you understand what is included in the service and that it is carried out properly. A poorly serviced boiler can cause problems with your energy efficiency. I.e. it is more likely to break down and could even put you at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Which? did a survey of 10 gas engineers and found the following”
- Seven failed to carry out legal minimum safety checks
- Four didn’t fix a gas pressure that was set too high
- One fabricated results
- None followed the boiler manufacturer’s servicing instructions.
You will need to get your boiler serviced every year, and may need to get a boiler service straight away. Specially if you are moving into a new home and don’t know when the boiler was last serviced.
To make sure you know what you are getting get in touch with us for your boiler service this year.
Comments are closed here.